Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The C's will have smooth sailing

So with my upcoming cruise creeping up on me like NCAA officials on Eric Bledsoe, this edition will be a two week wrap up. Not the last two weeks, but the upcoming two weeks. I'll give you my synopsis on Championship outcomes and other tid bits. So with that.....

The C's are beating the Lakers again, enough said. Why? Well for the same reason they beat them the first time. Pierce (and someone else) will tighten up Kobe, Odom will digress with the intense pressure that Sheed(Posey) and Perkins (even semi-injured) will throw at him (something offensive minded Ama're didn't think of doing), and D Fisher's lucky ass three's that always seem to cripple an opponent in late game scenarios will be handcuffed by an even better Rondo. Who is left? Oh yeah, Gasol. Well seeing as he couldn't dominate against an undersized, no defense presenting Phoenix team, I really can't see him doing much of anything against a team that would rather win 10-4, then score 140 points in a game. And please don't mention Ron Artest. He hasn't been a factor since St. John's. Even with that B.S. layup. I am not saying that LA probably won't fight as hard as anyone in order for Kobe to knock another notch in his quest to surpass Jordan as the greatest person named Kobe Bryant, but they just aren't good enough. We already saw how the Suns second unit absolutely terrorized the Lakers' secondaries, and with the way the C's are like a hockey team with their line changes, who am I to even speculate that this won't happen again. Kobe can't do it all. The Lakers bench is their achilles heel and this is why they will lose.
-Celtics in 6.

Speaking of the puck, if the Flyers don't find a way to 1.) stop missing golden opportunities and 2.) find a way to slow down Eager, this series will be wrapped up before I set sail Sunday. Remember the 'Hawks are doing this without the services of Kane or Toews, who both decided to sit and watch game 2. Philly should take solice in getting to the Finals, kind of like the Colts in February. This is Chicago's year. It's destiny. In hockey anyways.
-Blackhawks in 5.

From ice to clay, I have to say that I am now solely rooting for Soderling. With his unbelievable upset of Feds I have to say that now not only with Rafa easily dispose of whomever meets him in the Final,(not that Roger would have posed any kind of real threat. This is clay you know) but because of this; he may just let off the gas long enough for Soderling to surprise him. Probably not though. Where's my true Frenchman Monfils!? Oh yeah, second round exit. And as noted, Roddick once again took an early exit. So early that he wasn't even the last American man standing. What is it with this guy?
As far as the ladies go, with Henin's early exit I believe this is once again, Sarena's tourney to lose.

From clay to concrete, I just have to say once again how much I hate the Busch's. But I did enjoy seeing Kurt get mashed up Sunday. Speaking of crashing, who does it twice in the same race!? Jimmy does, that's who. Thank God this is still early season. 48 definitely will turn it on in the second half.

I'll end with a little baseball news.
So just in time for me to start cheering for the Redlegs, Pujols decided to stop playing around and become superhuman again. 3 taters is always an impressive feat, but after watching the Cards lineup dismantle Arroyo yesterday, the Reds quite simply aren't there yet. Garcia is a young monster for the Cards and teaming him up with Carpenter and Wainwright(Is he related to Rufus?), formidable is a word that comes to mind. Central Division champs are three others. And that could easily go to National League champs if the Fightin's don't start well, fightin'. I would have never thought they would just completely stop hitting as a whole unit. If this is the type of team unity that the analysts are all saying that other squads need in order to consistently win, then I am not sure that's a model I need my Twins to follow. Especially as we finally begin to separate ourselves from the rest of the Central. I don't think this will last too much longer, but then again, I never expected it to start. Oh, and Ubaldo Jiminez has the worst first name in the game, but the sickest and most electric stuff. 10-1 ERA under 1! Who does that? Oh yeah, no one. Here's to him keeping it up and the rest of the Rockies doing anything besides sending an underachieving CF down, so we can get this guy some Goddamn pub.

With that, adios! and I'll see you after the 14th.

2 comments:

  1. Jimenez's stuff is so sick that my knees buckled like an overloaded structural column watching his highlights. Sick, should be illegal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Boston in 6" That was my favorite quote of the summer.

    ReplyDelete